Last Updated on 14 january 2018
- "Affiliates" means companies related by common ownership or control.
- "Aggregated Information" means information about all our Users or specific groups or categories of Users that we may combine together so that such information no longer identifies or references an individual User or any Personal Information about a User.
- "Third Parties" means companies or persons not related by common ownership or control (i.e., non-Affiliates) or other unrelated individuals.
- "Personal Information" means information about an identifiable individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of Rentling.
2.COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1From users and customers
Personal Information we may collect from you include:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Demographic information such as age, gender, education, employment, interests, life style preference, and location preference;
- Financial information such as bank account numbers; and
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, and password.
2.2Through use of the ServicesWe also receive, store, and process information, possibly including Personal Information, when you access or use our Platform and Services, including but not limited to when you:
- Register or update details of your Account Profile;
- Provide personal identification or other verification information;
- Access or use our Website for any reason, including to search for or post properties, pay for rent online, receive rent online, or communicate with other Users;
- Link your account on a Third Party site to your Rentling account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the Third Party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third Party site and authorized by you;
- Communicate with Rentling; and
- Share information with another User.
2.3 Mobile Data
When you use certain features of the Platform through your mobile device we may receive, store, and process different types of information about your location, general information (including IP address or postal or zip code), and more specific information (including GPS-based functionality on mobiles devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the Platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
2.4 Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Rentling or logged in to your Rentling Account, such as your IP address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
2.5 Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices in response to a "Do Not Track" signal in the HTTP header from your browser or mobile application. We track your activities if you click on advertisements for Rentling services on Third Party platforms such as search engines and social networks, and may use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
We may, either directly or through Third Parties we engage to provide services to us, also continue to track your behavior on our own Platform for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access the Platform and pay for your activities on the Platform. We may also, either directly or through Third Parties we engage to provide services to us, track your behavior on our own Platform to market and advertise our services to you on the Platform and Third Party websites. Please note that even if you choose to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising on or about the Platform – it just will not be tailored to your interests. In addition, if you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of using our Platform, Application and Services, as cookies are necessary to track and enhance your use and access.
Third Parties may not collect information about users’ online activities on the Platform except as described in this policy.
2.6 Third Party Social Plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by Third Parties, such as Facebook’s "Like" button. As a result of this, you may send to the Third Party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of our Platform. If you are not logged into your account with the Third Party, then the Third Party may not know your identity. If you are logged into your account with the Third Party, then the Third Party may be able to link information about your visit to our Platform to your account with them. Similarly, your interactions with the social plugin may be recorded by the Third Party.
3. USE OF INFORMATION
We use, store and process information about you to:
- Enable you to access and use our Services;
- Enable you to communicate with other Users, including but not limited to by sending them messages or other information during the communication process;
- Operate, protect, improve and optimise the Platform, Rentling’s business, and our Users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalise or otherwise customise your experience, and to provide customer service;
- Help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Services, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms and Policies, verifying the address of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you (including by comparing the photo on that identification to another photo you provide to us), and conducting checks against databases and information sources (such as but not limited to public government databases) for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes. In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you;
- Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- Send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Rentling, our Services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications in your settings when you log in to your Rentling Account;
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Rentling or our Third Party business partners; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
3.2 User CommunicationsWe may, either directly or through Third Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyse your communications with and use of our Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes.
4. SHARE OF INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
- You acknowledge, consent and agree that Rentling may access, preserve, and disclose your Account Profile and related information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation, or disclosure is reasonably necessary
(a) to respond to claims asserted against Rentling;
(b) to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas and warrants);
(c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users, such as the Terms of Service on our site;
(d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or
(e) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Rentling, its Users, or members of the public. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify Users about law enforcement requests for their data unless: providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or we believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon Rentling’s property, its Users, the Platform, or Services (collectively, "Risk Scenarios"). In instances where Rentling complies with legal requests for User data without notice to the User for the reasons described above, Rentling will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify that user about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
- We may also publish, disclose, and use Aggregated Information and non-Personal Information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
5.ACCOUNT ACCESS, CHANGE, OR DEACTIVATION
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Rentling Account Profile. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your Rentling Account Profile entirely, you can do so by logging in to your Rentling Account Profile. Please also note that any reviews, postings, and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform in association with your first name, even after your Rentling account is cancelled or deactivated.
6.SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorised access, destruction, or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
7.ACCESS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES